Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Nacho Casserole

by
Morwen

  My humblest apologies all!  *bows so low my nose touches my knees*  Mairwen and I have been crazy busy and we just haven't had time to post.  Even my personal blog has suffered.  

  Today I will be sharing a family favorite.  I don't have a picture, but this is a delicious casserole.  It was originally a layered dish, but that became too much hassle, so we just mix everything together!


  3# Ground Turkey (you can use any meat you'd like.  I prefer Gr. Beef.)
  1 ¼ cups Chopped Onion
  2 cloves Garlic, minced
  1 cup Sour Cream
  8 oz. Tomato Sauce
  7 oz. Chopped Gr. Chilies
  6 oz. Tomato Paste
  4 oz. Black Olives, sliced
  20 oz. Tortilla Chips, coarsely crumbled
  12 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded

  Brown the Gr. Meat, Onion and Garlic together, drain.  
  Mix together Sour Cream, Tomato Sauce, Gr. Chilies, Tomato Paste, Black Olives and Tortilla Chips.  Add drained Meat mixture.  Spread in a greased 9x13x2" glass baking dish.  Cover with Aluminum foil and bake on 350° for 20 minutes.  Remove Aluminum foil, sprinkle cheese on top and pop back in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Enjoy!!

Note: This is also a great freezer meal.  In that case, put the cheese on before freezing and bake for 1 ½ hours.

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy when I saw this pop-up on my dashboard!

    This sounds really, really, good so I definitely will try it!

    ReplyDelete