Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Savory Chicken

by
Morwen

  This is a meal we have quite frequently, so frequently that I used to detest it.  However, I have begun to like it lately.  I unfortunately don't have a picture for this either.

  #8 Chicken Breasts

   Wash, trim and place in slow cooker.

  1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
  2 cloves Garlic, minced

  Sprinkle over meat.  

  1 cup Oil
  1/2 cup Vinegar or Lemon Juice *
  2 tsp Honey
  1 TBSP each Oregano, Basil and Paprika
  2 ½ tsp each Dry Mustard and Black Pepper
  1 TBSP Salt

  Mix thoroughly in a bowl and pour over meat and onions.  Cover and cook on low: 8-9 hours.  Serve as a sandwich spread with Mayo, or over rice.  Both ways taste scrummy!

  *It has been many years since I have used Lemon Juice, so I don't remember how it tastes, but Apple Cider Vinegar is my normal choice and for something a little more special tasting, I used Balsamic Vinegar.
 

1 comment: